Is DSD download already an extinct format?

I recently purchased a Benchmark DAC 2 which supports DSD decoding following an article from Robert Hartley indicating that Sony would release all of its music catalog in DSD download format. As of today, there are only 358 DSD downloads available from Acoustic Sounds. On average the DSD downloads is music that is 30-45 years old...you know the same stuff you already own in CD, DVD-audio, SACD. Just getting tired of purchasing Getz/Gilberto in all formats.

Record companies, please give us the new music in Hi-rez format rigth off the bat and stop giving us the better resolution years later!
128x128dasign
Mitch4t, Tomcy6 and Brownsfan offer very well reasoned reponses to Bigamp's comment. I also feel that it's up to the record companies to present the new formats in a manner that appeals to the buying public. This means prices that the consumer finds palatable and attractive. It means offering a variety of title choices and not simply regurgitation of the same old recycled titles again and again. The lessons from the SACD experience apparently haven't been learned and absorbed. DSD may catch on and become widely available and successful. It if isn't presented/managed properly it will be just another flash in the pan format failure and remain a tiny niche market. I hope they get it right.
Charles,
Sony was showing DSD Multichannel recording and DSD Download systems at last weekend's California Audio Show.

The show report from Enjoy the Music is at http://www.enjoythemusic.com/california_audio_show_2014/sunday/sony_sacd_dsd.htm
The record companies became overly greedy...for years cds were $15-20 by the time they made it to an independent record store...which is close to 2 X what an lp was back in the day...when the mp3 generation hit...the big wigs decided it was time yet again to repackage the digital age...again touting superior fidelity...I was born at night...but not last night...pass
Extinct, dead, die, end of the road, adios amigos, sayonara, dasvidaniya, ciao ciao, au revoir Mr Duck! Nah, DSD is the new white bread!