Lyra Delos or Helicon versus Soundsmith Zephyr

My vinyl front end starts with the Soundsmith Zephyr, VPI Classic TT, ARC PH-8 phono pre (58db)and ARC Ref 5 SE linestage (12db). I was thinking about changing out the Zephyr just to mix it up a bit. Anyone have a chance to compare the either of the Lyra carties with the Zephyr? Would appreciate any comments or advice. Thanks
bifwynne
Lyra are a perfect example of moving coils benefits, fast,detailed and expansive soundstage, vpi zephyr specially new one mark II are a match made in heaven for vpi tonearms, they are more musical and as fast as lyra, in a long term soundsmith will a better choice.
I have your system too which is:
Arc ref 150 amp, arc ref5se, ph8, vpi classic 3 with 3d tonearm, vpi stands, meridian 808, transparent reference xl cables, martin logan clx loudspeakers, ml depth subs
Dear Byfwynne: You own the Kleos that's better than the Delos or Helikon. I can't see which your point here: " just to mix ? "

Well, try to find out the Linn Akiva ( designed by Lyra for Linn. ) and I can tell you that this is a truly great mix.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
I have both the Lyra Delos and SS Aida. I would recommend going with the Lyra. The Lyra is warm, detailed and exhibits very good retrieval of low level details. SS Aida is very analytical detailed and has poor low level details. The best way to explain would be to to say SS sounds like good digital source. I have owned or tried a range of SS cartridges. Barring the SS modified Denon 103s, all other SS cartridges have the same house sound, that is like a very good digital source. Some may like the sound, after all digital has a lot of fans, it's up to you to decide. I however recommend going used because the new ones are no where worth the current prices (almost doubled in last 2 years), you can do better for the money.

Cheers
Svenjosh - I find your comments about Soundsmith carts being "like a good digital source" to be 180 degrees off target - no offense intended. I have used the SS Zephyr and am currently using the SS Ebony Voice and found both to be delightfully musical, engaging, detailed, and ( dare I say) smooth. In direct comparison on a VPI table/arm, the Zephyr is far more involving and musical than the Lyra Delos and has more weight in the lower mids and better channel separation as well. As good as the Delos is ( and it is a very good cartridge), in the setup the OP uses, the Zephyr is going to be sonically superior. I would advise the OP to go for the Voice from SS if he wants to make a significant upgrade to his vinyl playback.