Lyra Delos or Helicon versus Soundsmith Zephyr

My vinyl front end starts with the Soundsmith Zephyr, VPI Classic TT, ARC PH-8 phono pre (58db)and ARC Ref 5 SE linestage (12db). I was thinking about changing out the Zephyr just to mix it up a bit. Anyone have a chance to compare the either of the Lyra carties with the Zephyr? Would appreciate any comments or advice. Thanks
bifwynne
Thank you Analogluvr,do you think the sound quality is as good as bobs devices cinemag 1131, the parks audio sut seems like a real bargain.
I haven't heard the bobs devices but seeing as how the trannies are exactly the same I can't see how they would sound any different. I love my parks audio SUT!
My opinion of the Soundsmith vs Lyra differs from Bifwayne.
I love the musicality of the Zephyr.
I have a Kleos that I will be trading for a higher end Soundsmith.
The Kleos is very clean but not right for my system. It is all about detail and not enough fun.
I have owned quite a few moving coil cartridges, and have heard quite a few more.
About 8 months ago a deal came along for a new SoundSmith Ebony Boheme, and I decided to buy it.
After about 30 hours of very casual listening, I started to listen very seriously.
This SoundSmith Boheme does something the moving coil cartridges just seem to miss, after living with them for a while.
When Ilisten to the Boheme, besides sounding fantastic, it is also so relaxing. I feel like i am listening to the master tape, and not an LP record.

I am a paid musician as a second livelihood (bass player, stand up and electric) and the SoundSmith just sounds like real music to me.
Voices just sound so real with this cartridge.

My two cents. Bruce
Hi Maxh, i had a Kleos too. (Delos before) I am absolute with you. The Lyra´s plays so wide and fast, but the warmth and musicality is not their strength.