To those with multiple tables/arms/cartridges

How do you 'play' your system?
For 30 years I had only one turntable, one arm and one cartridge......and it never entered my mind that there was an alternative?
After upgrading my turntable nearly 5 years ago to a Raven AC-3 which allowed easy mounting of up to four tonearms......I decided to add two arms.
RAVEN
A few years later I became interested in Direct Drive turntables and purchased a vintage 30 year old Victor/JVC TT-81 followed shortly after by the top-of-the-line TT-101 and I designed and had cast 3 solid bronze armpods which I had lacquered in gloss black.
TT-101
By this time I had over 30 cartridges (both LOMCs and MMs) all mounted in their own headshells for easy interchange.
STORAGE

Every day I listen to vinyl for 3-4 hours and might play with one cartridge on one arm on one table for this whole day or even two or three days.
I then might decide to change to a different arm and cartridge on a the same table or perhaps the other.....and listen to the last side I had just heard on the previous play.
I am invariably thrilled and excited by the small differences in presentation I am able to hear....and I perhaps listen to this combination for the next few days before again lusting after a particular arm or cartridge change?

Is this the way most of you with multiple cartridges/arms listen?......or are there other intentions involved?
128x128halcro
Hi Halco,

I can not stop looking at your TT-101 photo. What an amazing set-up. If you lived somewhere in the US, I would be asking you about those armpods. Hell, I'll ask anyway!
You say you had them cast. Was this done at a foundry using molds that you made? If so, do you still have the molds?
Before I ask you "the" big question, how about telling me how much the mold weighed.
I ask because I'm hunting down a DD Turntable,hopefully a TT-101 but would settle for a TT-81 if the price was right.
I already have a granite slab cut for it all to sit on. Just waiting for the right one to come along.
Regards,
Don
Hey, I just noticed a (edit my post) notice at the bottom of my latest post! Perhaps something new from Audiogon?
Now, if we could only post actual pictures!
Sunnyboy1956,
mine too! congrats. Oh it was you, sorry I get so many questions, sometimes when I do not know the person I oversee, sorry.
can you send me again. Thanks.
Hi Don,

Thanks for the kind words :-)
Here is a different view of the TT-81 and here is another.
Yes....I still have the wood moulds that the foundry made from my design drawings. How the wood doesn't catch fire with the molten bronze I don't understand?
In any case.....the wood moulds are quite light (less than a kilo)...and here and here are the resulting armpods in rough and finished states.

I wish you luck in finding your Victor turntable. The TT-81 is not so difficult to find...and is very good.
The TT-101....in good working order....is almost a mythical creature.
Just ask Banquo and Lewm? :-(
Don,
To see how to post 'actual pictures' on A'Gon.....click on the 'markup tags' at the bottom of the 'Your response' box.
The picture you want to post can't just be directly from your computer library.
It needs a Web address (ie...its own url).
To give it one....you need to upload your computer photos to a photo-sharing Website like Picassa or many others. They are free.

However it's still a little tricky to follow the system to get them on this Forum?
I've been trying to teach Thuchan for 3 years now.....but even he has given up? :-)

Regards
Henry