Cartridge for Rega RP3 or RP6 in AN system

Hi,
I'm one of the many getting back into vinyl. My budget for a turntable is 1000 Dollars, so I am thinking of getting a Rega RP3 or a used RP6. Let me know if there's anything significantly better for $1000.

The Rega Exact cartridge seems fine, but the cartridge is a really important element, so I am very interested in hearing with experience in using different quality cartridges on the RP3. My budget for the cartridge is 600 Dollars.

My system:
Audio Note Meishu amplifier, Audio Note J speakers, Audio Note Spe speaker cables, Sogon signal cable

My budget for a phono stage is $1000 and I'm considering a Croft Acoustics, but perhaps also just a Rega Phono MM.

Musical preferences: Classical music from all time periods, lots of acoustic jazz, country, bluegrass.

Thanks in advance

Fred
fabsound
I played the Nagaoka MP200 on my P3/24 for almost a year. Beautiful sounding very nice for jazz IMO...It dosen't compare though to the dynamics, detail, energy, pace, timing, and synergy with the RB301 that the Exact or the Dynavector 10X5 have. The latter one being the better choice for less money. And Adam sometimes STUFF is good :-)
FABSOUND, The Dynavector 10X5 is a High output (4.0mv) MC that will work awesome with a MM phono stage.
Correction Its a 2.5 mv Output which is still fine for 95% of MM phono stages.
Hey Matt ... I totally agree with your first 12/28 post. Yes, stuff is good ! I'm simply voicing my opinion that once "the stuff" is all set, then it's time to sit back and enjoy the music. In reply to your second 12/28 post, as you can see from the 8/12 entry on my system page, I'm now using the Nagaoka. I'm not implying the the Nagaoka is better or worse than any other pick-up ... I'm only saying that I am enjoying the Nagaoka as much as I enjoyed my original Exact, but for a lot less money.