Recommendation for a 12 year old

So a very good friend of mine's daughter is all into the vinyl scene. I took her to Amoeba Records here in Los Angeles and she picked out some Beatles, some AC/DC(!),and some Nirvana. Guess she's a rock and rolla at heart...gotta love that.

Anyway, she has a turntable that her mom purchased that ran a hundred dollars or so, and as you might imagine it does a fine job of finding it's own way around the records. Groove...what groove?!

So my question is this: What turntable would you recommend to a twelve year old that doesn't completely thrash her records? I am guessing that it should be an automatic or semi-automatic TT to ease with the placement and removal of the tonearm on/off the record. Something used and easy to find. Hopefully loaded with its own cartridge as well.

Any ideas?

GLR
glrtrgi
Perhaps you could take her to some stores that carry turntables and show her how the various ones work (i.e., full manual, auto-stop, automatic starts and cue, play and return), and see if the difference is meaningful to her. If she's fine with fully manual, more of the money can be put into the sound quality of the deck.
U turn orbit a no brainer at <$200...for ease of operation/no worries...older technics linear tracker/ pmount cart...but she has to learn sometime.
..I had a dual 12xx at her age..sansui power, orig advents..loved that system
So I ended up picking up a used Pioneer Pl-115D that looks to be in fine shape for its age. Would any of you folks have a recommendation of what cartridge to put on the deck?

Thanks in advance.