Sakura Systems OTA Cable Kit

Has anyone tried this "minimalist" cable kit? After receiving a recommendation from someone with similar musical values to myself, and whose ears I trust, I could not resist ordering one. I will report on how they sound in a few weeks, but am interested in others' opinions too.

For those that have not heard about them look at www.sakurasystems.com for an interesting read. The cable sounds as if it is very close to the specification of the conductors in Belden Cat5. So I may have spent around 100 times what the kit is worth. We shall see.

If you have not heard this cable, please don't bother posting your opinions of how it MUST sound here. Nor am I that interested in hearing how stupid I must be to order this kit - it's my money and you are free to make different decisions with yours. Sorry for this condition, but I am bored with those that have nothing positive to offer on this site, and post their opinions based on deductive logic rather than actual experience.
redkiwi
Since the preceding post was written, difficulties with this set-up have emerged due to subtle accumulations of RFI on the tone arm cables. To its credit, PhonoCube has enough sensitivity to render this RFI in the wire more audible than any other phono stage I have heard. Also, I am certain that the turntable itself is acting as an antenna and passing on certain amounts of RFI/EMI to nearby PhonoCube. Simply put, at the heart of the matter is that this "minimal signal length TT/PhonoStage hook-up" involves the danger that high-frequency energy can be passed fairly directly into the phono stage. I advise caution, esp. for people who live in areas of high RFI/EMI.
Two things were done: 1.) light-weight, flexible foil shields were installed on the tonearm wire, and 2.) an RFI housing/trap was built to surround PhonoCube. However, night-time listening must be conducted in dim light until I cover the shields and traps with nonreflective material: a 125 Watt shined at the TT system from across the room is enough to cause discharges.
The results of installing OTA digital cables (straight, with no knots or uneven lengths) was positive. I do not know if it is the correct impedance, but with its fast transient response, OTA Stratos wire is perfectly fitted to transmit the bandwidth of digital audio data (which, unlike analog audio, occurs in the Megaherz range).
Surprisingly, the performance of these OTA digital cables deteriorated quite alot with shields. Unshielded, they were clear, detailed, precise, focused, pure. Shielding obliterated their purity. They became awkward, wanting in precision and emphasis. Unshielded, I took a pleasure in digital OTA comparable to the one I get from the bloom given off by well-designed tube amplifiers. Shielding made it grey, warm, blurry. I do not know the precise reasons, but make the effort to construct shields and you will see for yourself.
But I don't think it's advisable use the OTA from cartridge to Phonocube. The problem is the bare OTA wire itself is too stiff to be a good tonearm wire. The sitffness will play havoc with the tonearm's antiskating. This is rather unfortunate because as the output of the cartridge is very low, the fewer solder joints you have the better it would sound. So it looks like in my system I've no choice but to use a more flexible tonearm wire before joining it to the OTA cable.
Hi Guys,

Anyone tried using the OTA for power cords yet? I thinking to trying it out soon. Any special way to terminate/dress the power cords? Feedback much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Bill
Please, don't use OTA from cartridge to phono stage!
My mention of this scenario was not in the reference of OTA but a dedicated armwire.

Sead

p.s. Will write more but just got back from a trip and noticed this which, IMO was something that needed an immediate comment.
Btw: "The problem is the bare OTA wire itself is too stiff to be a good tonearm wire. The stiffness will play havoc with the tonearm's antiskating."
Correct, OTA is stiffer than tonearm cables. But there is a way to spiral it away from the arm that will not seriously affect antiskating (even if it will increase signal length) assuming that one can position the phono stage as one needs.
Sead: "Please, don't use OTA from cartridge to phono stage!" Sead, I hope you spend a little time discussing what makes this prohibition necessary. There is something mysterious here... even though I can intuit what might motivate your immediate rejection from my own resistance to proceeding with this experiment. It certainly would be less work and hassle to just take the SY cable plug shoes off of the end of the arm wire, strip off the insulation a bit, and install it in the OTA plugs. But the shoe/crimp contact I am using right now seems altogether satisfactory (even though there is a solder joint there between the tonearm wires and the shoes). Today, I inspected and cleaned the contact and thought I would try some fluid with it to improve conductivity. One contact fluid (Reson Licon) had detrimental sonic effects. I wasted a lot of time waiting for the abrasive mid-ranges introduced by it to go away and I eventually wiped away all traces of it.
For deoxidation/desulfidization the technical sprays from CRC (by which I mean Kontakt 60 and Kontakt 61) have worked wonderfully with OTA, and exhibit only minimal detrimental effect on sound. BTW, CRC puts out alot of other technical sprays: Kontakt WL, Kälte 75 Super, Kontaflon 85, Drückluft 67 plus, Video 90, Tuner 600, Sprühöl 88, Screen 99, Antistatik 100, Etikette LX, and Reiniger 601 do their specific jobs right.