Sakura Systems OTA Cable Kit

Has anyone tried this "minimalist" cable kit? After receiving a recommendation from someone with similar musical values to myself, and whose ears I trust, I could not resist ordering one. I will report on how they sound in a few weeks, but am interested in others' opinions too.

For those that have not heard about them look at www.sakurasystems.com for an interesting read. The cable sounds as if it is very close to the specification of the conductors in Belden Cat5. So I may have spent around 100 times what the kit is worth. We shall see.

If you have not heard this cable, please don't bother posting your opinions of how it MUST sound here. Nor am I that interested in hearing how stupid I must be to order this kit - it's my money and you are free to make different decisions with yours. Sorry for this condition, but I am bored with those that have nothing positive to offer on this site, and post their opinions based on deductive logic rather than actual experience.
redkiwi
Dave, I'm sorry I didn't reply on your post. I was on vacation last week, no internet, no hi fi. No, I didn't try to run 0.65 OTA from the wall outlet to the circuit box. I just made a dedicated line for my hi fi wall outlet with no changing the wires: my electrician just rearranged the circuit box. The improvement was obvious from the first moment. I already mentioned that, when I tried 0.65 OTA as a power cord, I noticed a certain softening in the bass region. Now, with the dedicated AC line, the softening just gone.
I'm still thinking of using the OTA as a power cord between the box and the wall outlet. I have some concerns: the box is very far from the wall outlet - more than 12 meters so I need 24 meters of OTA. Than, I don't know whether to put OTA in a kind of a tube or to leave it free, but in that case I don't know how to fix it on its way to the AC wall outlet. Practical problems. And we all know that OTA is so sensitive on twisting or tightening.
Regards,

Ivo
Ivo, Vacations are nice,but we've got work to do here man.Just kidding ,hope it was great.
I talked to an electrician friend about running the 0.65 as an AC line and his concern was that the circuit breaker wouldn't trip in time if the wire was to overheat and lose it's insulation. A little scary.Here's a diabolical little notion (big grin now).I'm thinking a glass tube would be appropiate.That way I could see it,you know ,keep an eye on it. With the lights down low I could see when the wire starts to glow;then I would shut my rig down just before the insulation drips off.Hey... I think I might just have something here....... :) anyhow, enjoy them tunes
I was wondering whether everyone on this thread still using the OTA cables, or has anyone moved to what they think is a better cable (I imagine that some esoteric cables like Kharma and Siltech G5 are better, but I'm particularly interested in sub-$1,000 cables folks find better). I'm curious to see if the OTA is still king of the hill for folks here. I've been using OTA for about 8 months now, but am feeling the itch to try something else.
still a happy camper here-using OTA throughout from phono stage & cd transport to dac to pre to amp to crossovers to loudspeakers.

best,
ken
Outlier: Still using the OTA throughout the system except for SME IC's on a recently added TT. I am out of OTA cable, otherwise I would change them out as I did on the previous deck.

I may try some DIY 30 gauge solid core silver cables instead, an interesting design by a Japanese phile (on the TT).

Have not talked to Mark in a long time (hope he responds as he always had the energy to experiement a great deal more than most of us).

Sound wise I really don't think about changing cable anymore (just placing a decent, though traditional, cable in the signal path sounds way strange after running OTA for the past year, or so).