Canada UPS delivery

I received a pair of interconnects from Canada a week or so ago. Shipping cost were $20.00 for UPS ground. Today I get a bill from UPS for another $19.00 Listed as "Entry prep fee" under brokerage service. Funny how this stuff gets swept under the carpet till after the sale is complete. Does that sound about right? $39.00 to ship a ten-pound item from Canada to the US insured for $500.00. Where did I go wrong in this deal?
128x128glen
Yes they do but they are not hidden.When you call and ask for a price it is included not hidden.
Shame on UPS
FedEx is the best, but more expensive and they do charge "extra" fees both ways.

UPS is good for inexpensive in-country items...that's it!

USPS is excellent for small items...but hope you never have a trans-border claim...it is IMPOSSIBLE to collect since they (USPS and CanPost) each blame the other.

CanPost...much the same as USPS.

My Rule: Be prepared to spend up to 10% of your purchase price to give your precious new audio item the BEST chance of arriving in good order.

Good Luck! (Toronto Area)
Thanks everyone, You want to here some more good news about UPS? I just bought an amp from a guy on the east coast. It just arrived today at my home on the west coast damaged. (Bashed in on the top right corner). I have started the claim. The piece was insured for the whole 5 grand. You can see where the corner of the amp came through two heavy pieces of cardboard (The box) Before it made contact with the ground. Must have landed on it's head to do damage on the top corner. I'll let you know how it turns out on another thread in a couple weeks.