Real Deal ZU cable WAX, what's your take?

Just purchased a 10'pr, out of the drawstring bag they sounded pretty good, a little lean and cold in the midrange, but the bass is wonderfull. Highs sound about a db down and a little veiled, but it's only been 24hrs. If what i've been reading is true, I can expect alot of improvements over the next couple of weeks. Their being used in my second system: Magnum Dynalab MD208 receiver with completely rebuilt Dahlquist DQ20's (Upgraded Caps & Coils, new wire and rebuilt all the drivers). Looking for a new or used CD player for around $3,000. Does anyone have any comments for the best player to be had for this amount of money, would you buy new or used and why?
lpquick
I haven't used the Wax speaker cables, but I have many of their interconnects. In my experience, their cables take 150-200 hours for full break-in. The guys at Zu Cable have a tremendous pedigree and make great products. No insults intended, but they aren't DIY upstarts in the cable business.

Buying new or used is really a matter of comfort level. Some manufacturers warrantees are transferable, but most are not. If you're worried about ease of repair and no cost warantee repairs, buy new. If you're not, buy used and save.

As for the CD player, you can definitely get something wonderful in that price range. The best $3040 I ever spent on digital was for the Chord DAC 64, but you'll have to use something else as a transport. DAC 64s occasionally show up used around here. If you have to have a one box player, The Linn Ikemi is very nice at $3595 new, and I like the Ayre CX-7 at around $2700 new. You could also get a used Sony SCD-1 for $3000 and get SACD playback as a bonus.
Never heard the Wax, but got the IBIS. Even out of the box, I noticed a huige soundstage and instrument focus within that soundstage.

My midraneg initally was weaker as well, but I would have called my experience dry or too laid back. It has gotten better over time, and every other strength has stayed or gotten better as well. From what I've read on Audio Asylum on the Wax, it's a great cable, too.

For my input on the CD: check out www.tweakaudio.com, Ric Shultz's EVS site. He did a mod on a sub-$200 Sony SACD/DVD/CD player for me, and the thing kicks butt. There are some other players he is/will be modding, so that may eb a good route. My Sony NS500V mods were $465, and the machine is better than any $1k player I've heard.

Another possibility is somethign Underwoodwally is advertising here on Audiogon: a new mod'd Shanling tubed unit for $2200. Search under that user, or see the "New Today" section (today being Sunday). Looks very interesting to me.

Good luck, whatever the case.
Having used the Zu WAX first, then upgrading to the Zu IBIS, I can't say enough about these cables. HUGE soundstage, airy, with plenty of midrance. BTW, I compared these with several other brands in my system, and both the WAX and the IBIS won hands-down!

Regarding the CD player, I have the Meridian 588 ($3500 new), and love it! Can't compare it with others mentioned, however.