Breaking in power cords

Can I break in my new power cord by connecting it to a lamp and then leaving it on fulltime? Various threads indicate hundreds of hours of break in time in the audio system, and I don't want to wait months and months for the benefits. Has anyone tried this method?
suttlaw
From: Customer Service at Maytag.com [mailto:customerservice@maytag.com]

Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 6:44 AM
To: a.k.a. shasta
Subject: Re: Product Question

Hello,

Thank you for visiting our Maytag.com customer service page. We appreciate your interest in our products and service.

We do not offer an electric dryer that operates on 120volts. We are not
aware of any prior electric dryers that did.

Sincerely,

Deanna
Maytag Consumer Services
(Mon.-Fri. 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m., Eastern Time)

Received Date: 11/3/04
Completion Date: 11/11/04
How can we expect to hear a PC to break in, it doesn't even pass an audio signal?

If the electrical properties change 10%, do you expect to be able to hear a difference and remember what it sounded like a few weeks befor?

Seems to be the expectation theory again..)
FWIW, IMHO, worrying about powercord break-in is about as anal a concern as anything I have ever seen in this hobby! :-)
Newbee,
Who you callin' Anal.
I am guessing that if someone is reading this thread, they are more than a little interested in reaching the best sound they can. That might be from better components, cables, interconnects, speakers or room treatments.
Power cords do need to be broken in and can take up to 1,000 to fully break in. If you miss that point, you might judge a power cord prematurely and miss out on a great power cord and some great sonic improvement. If you don't think power cords make a huge difference, you are missing out on quite a bit.
Ratsamongus,
Your comments speak to the reality that you have not put any time into working with power cords. They do make a difference and a huge difference at that.