Acrolink in-wall cabling?

Hello,
I am in the process of running two dedicated circuits for my equipment. I will be upgrading the receptacles possibly to Oyaide SWO Series. Is there sonically a difference with the Acrolink in-wall cabling vs. 10/2 Romex? The Acrolink is quite expensive at $30.48 per ln. foot x 72 total ln. feet needed = $2194.00. I may be wrong but I believe the amount would be better invested in equipment and to just purchase 10/2 Romex. Is there a higher grade of Romex, or is the jump to better cabling that dramatic? I don't want to get too crazy with all of this but I do understand that with purer copper the better the sound. Thanks...Joe
Ag insider logo xs@2xproclaim123
Romex copper is full impurities like iron and nickel. It is hard low grade copper. A good soiid OFC is better, IMO.
Sure Proclaim, $30 a foot in-wall wire will have a huge effect on the miles of garbage the utility company strings up to send the electrical current to your house. I trust they use 6/9's OFC copper right? Where does this come from???

Don't buy into it - spend the money where it counts - on your room and equipment

Really, this site is getting to be a cesspool of dealers who really, really need to indicate they're dealers in a very obvious manner before they launch into a glowing tribute about something they sell. Inappropriate, unethical, misleading - and those are the nice words I can think of for this continuing BS.
Sno,
Please do share your experience with the Oyaide or Acrolink line.
Obviously you must have some input as to what value these products can represent in a system. Please, share your experiences with us. I am sure that you spent the same hours and investment that any manufacturer or dealer would spend to asses any component for inclusion into their product or line.
Waiting anxiously for your reply.

Best Regards,
Michael Wolff
Manufacturer
Michael Wolff Cables.
Advertising in Audiogon
I really don't use anything I make or sell.
Tried selling Hoover’s but found this much more
profitable.
For further information on disclaimers and prayer cloth, please send a self addressed stamped envelope and
I agree that it is a waste to use incredibly expensive in-wall cable to connect to the public mains. On the other hand, I think there could be a benefit if one also installs a power regeneration device ahead of the in-wall cabling at the breaker panel.

I think one would get more cost effective benefit from using Romex for the dedicated line and putting the savings toward a power regeneration device - then use very good PCs. In the long run this is more flexible in that the regeneration device can be relocated with the playback equipment or it can be resold if desired. 6 nines OFC 10/2 is going to stay in the wall.
Mcmiller....using an expensive in-wall cable is no different than using "very good PC's". After all, they both are placed after the electrical panel. Unfortunately, debating this is a straw argument, just like comparing the high price of gas....especially when bottled water is *incredibly* more expense on a per gallon basis. A $500 power cord (presuming it's 5-feet in length) costs $100 per foot. That's 3 times the cost of the Acrolink in-wall cable!! Anyone can do the math for a $2000 Shunyata or Virtual Dynamics power cable as well.

Of course, Romex is more cost-effective, as is the Diamond Handiwire. It's patently obvious. But there are others who wish to have the highest performance possible. This is a choice, of course....it's not mandatory.