Canare 4S11 Star Quad cables for speaker

how does this wire work for speaker application? I use it for my guitar cable with great results.
gretsch6120
It works!! I live in a high RF area and using this cable eliminates the RF. I use Canare interconnects as well and I am very happy.
You aren't going to get any agreement here about whether any particular cable is good, or even whether cable makes any sonic difference, but the Canare Star Quad cables are worth exploring for some very practical reasons.

There is a range of sizes, 4S11, 4S8 and 4S6, meaning there is one to suit just about any application.

They're flexible and easy to terminate. The soft gray color is attractive and unobtrusive. The price is low enough that in the lengths most people need the difference between it and zip cord isn't worth the extra effort of driving to Home Depot instead of ordering the Canare through some place like markertek.com. The Star Quad configuration gives you the option to single-wire, bi-wire or use a single run to connect between an amp and the high-level inputs of a sub.

If you do any reasonable amount of swapping equipment in and out or helping friends set up gear, it's worth having some of the bulk cable around for experimentation. I finally bought 50' of both the 4S11 and 4S8 just to have on hand and it's a luxury to be able to make up a quick pair of cables on a whim, just to try something new.
Borrowing the quote from above:

"When conventionally wired, star quad speaker cable has the advantage of reducing the EM field around the cable, which will tend to diminish the effect of the signal in the speaker cable upon nearby interconnects--though this is not, in most applications, a significant concern."

Is that quote attributing EMI reduction to the starquad inner conductor geometry? Can someone explain why this would be true or direct me to a proper explanation?

I can accept that statement when the starquad is wired for balanced signals. I have trouble accepting that the starquad geometery has a significant effect on EMI when the cable is wired with the four center conductors as signal and the shield as return/ground as I have seen done for speaker cable applications. I would expect the quality of the shield to be the characteristic that influences EMI susceptibility in a single ended cable.

I just want to know if I'm missing something with respect to the governing field theory. I already know it's decent wire for speaker cables.