Recommend Power Cable for Aragon 4004MK2 amp

I have an Aragon 4004 MK2 amp. It sounds very good, but I still have the stock AC power cord. Would it be worth it to upgrade this cable?? and what improvements can I expect?? Need recommendations from other owners for a modestly priced power cable, that is $100-$250. Don't want to spend the money if it is only going to produce "marginal" gains. Looking to achieve tighter bass and a more coherent soundstage from this type of upgrade. Or,is that asking too much from a new power cable. Thank you, Jim
sunnyjim
Power Cables as do I/Cs make or break a system. Most non-believers either have never listened to their system with upgraded cables, or they can't afford them and therefore
become haters.LOL

If any of you live near Sacramento California, I will personally bring cables to your home(not to sell you), to
show you first hand what they do.

Don't bash until you have tried, believe me they make an incredible difference.
I was a power cable disbeliever for years. I intentionally avoided doing any comparisons, for fear I'd hear a difference where there "shouldn't" be one.
Then I bought a piece of gear that didn't include a pc, so I was forced to buy one.
And that was that.
Comparison to the other 'stock' pc's in my system revealed that power cables can make an extraordinary difference, perhaps only surpassed by interconnects.
Anyone who wants to stick their fingers in their ears and shout "lalalalalala" is simply missing out on the improvements a good pc can make.

Hifi111,

I live in Sac, but won't be back there 'til November. How 'bout I come by your place with some adequately-sized standard PC's, and blind-test YOU on your system? If you can't pick YOUR "Top-gun" cord, 4/5 minimum, then you go on record with the results (Audiogon). LOL
I am usually skeptical about the hype in cable and vibration damping areas. I am an engineer so I know better than to pay a hundred bucks for a set of ball bearings sandwiched between 2 pieces of metal or something like brass cones. I recently replaced the generic pc used with my Aragon 8002 with a used PS Audio cable and at once noticed and improvement in dynamics. To try and understand why, I did a little experiment. I bought a cheap 14 awg extension cord from Home Depot and cut off the connectors and used a Cooper plug and a Schurter IEC instead. I heard the same improvement so I concluded that the sonic benefits achieved with aftermarket power cords have more to do with better connections/contact than the claimed use of better wire or insulation.
Rotarius, yes, the connectors make a big difference. Simply 'refreshing' your connections by plugging 'n unplugging can make a difference. But it's definitely not all there is to the PC phenomenon.