how can a line cord affect frequency response ?

i have personally auditioned over 10 different manufacturer's line cords. i hear differences. i don;'t understand how a line cord can affect treble response or bass response.

can someone provide an explanation ?
mrtennis
Dpac996,
I was joking about the "negative feedback power cord", because of the past history of what happened in measurements to product that end in audio amplifiers during the 70's and 80's.

I'm actually pleased that you are interested in doing things to help us understand what we want to know.

I only qualify that with the hope that the tests are done in such a way as to ensure that past mistakes are not repeated.
considering the subjects discussed, the relative unimportance of the subject and the banter that has been exchanged to date, i think you need help.

would you like me to provide the name of therapist ?
Mrtennis (Threads | Answers)
MrT, based on your threads and answers, I don't believe you are qualified.

Your diagnosis is simply a recognition of my BS meter pinning when I read your posts.
Eldartford,
I'm glad that you are looking at ways that could advance what we know about testing audio products, and making those tests as relevant as possible to the real-world operating conditions of the products.

I feel that doing those kinds of tests, and even coming up with newer test protocols to accomplish this would get us further toward the truth about what we test and hear.

While I've been accused by others(not you) of being "unscientific", I actually have no beef with science. I only want the tests to be as accurate as possible in determining the outcome, so that we can ensure as far as possible that no incorrect conclusions are drawn from the tests, as has happened in the past.

My aims are to reveal as much truth as possible, and not obscure it.
05-10-06: Gregm
Tvad notes:
Data is data(...)Whether the specs in the data correlate to improvement in sound is open to subjective interpretation.

I'd agree in principle with what follows -- BUT data and their correlation would be "objective". You probably mean that,
first, we formulate a theory of what data indicate audible differences and,
then we set about to confirm that theory (i.e. "objectivise" the subjective)...

Gregm, what I meant by my post is that data and specs tell us only part of the story. When we start to discuss what entails good sound, or preferable sound, then we enter the world of subjectivity, since we are discussing opinion.

So, while superior test measurements may indicate a superior audio product based on objective criteria, this may not correlate with what some audiophiles consider good sound. However, I'm also certain the engineers who designed an uber-spec'd component would hold steadfast in their preference for that component over one that had inferior measurements. This is what I attempted to explain with my VAC amp illustration.
. . . and now blazingly-fast pop-psychologist--MRT volunteers unrequested mental health referral services at no-extra-charge to TVAD. Most magnanimous indeed for a Renaissance man of so exalted a stature! Oddly enough, after the awesomely creative diagnosis of choleric distemper, he is not offering unflappable TVAD his own services for a more regular cycle of counselling sessions. Or is he perhaps not confident in his own therapeutic prowers?