how can a line cord affect frequency response ?

i have personally auditioned over 10 different manufacturer's line cords. i hear differences. i don;'t understand how a line cord can affect treble response or bass response.

can someone provide an explanation ?
mrtennis
to post, i must, for my cause is just
and this is my motto, "in words do i trust"

some say i stir things up, like an unruly pup,
puckish, picaresque, iconoclastic and a bit rebellious too ?

nobody is perfect, we all have faults
i give it and take it, so keep your cool and heed this rule:

life is too short to growl and snort over a mere bagatelle of audio opinion

tvad, i hpe i have saved you a trip to your therapist, you certainly have let off steam.

i hope you feel better.
Regarding the question how it is possible that a power cord can affect frequency respose: can it be measured that one power cord gives a slightly different frequency response than the other? Even small differences (+/- 0.5 dB) could be heard. If the differences are less than 0.5 dB then you can say that there are no measurable differences between power cords and that that sonic differences between power cords (if there are any) should not be heard.

Chris
Eldartford,
My stuff is made for battery power, and there are capacitors in the power supply, and I do keep my wires short to try to minimize the inductance issue too.

To answer your question, I have not noticed any change or difference if the sunlight on the solar panels changes. However, I mostly do my listening in the evening when there is no sunlight, so I don't know for certain if there might be any audible changes resulting from the varying voltage coming from the solar panels into the batteries.

In the case of my turntable, the way the battery power supply works is by actuating a relay that disconnects the charging ciruit when the TT is running. This is because the TT battery option is designed for normal homes using AC power. But I can also use it in my application.

Just to get another opinion here, what do you think might be the effects of different component's power supplies modulating the power lines(and therefore the other component's power supplies), and possibly causing some noticeable effect, especially high-power amplifiers that suck alot of juice? I admit that I am only going on a hypothetical idea with that. But I thought it couldn't hurt to keep all the power supplies independent of each other. Do you think this may be something that could use a closer look in our home audio systems?
The AC cable does not change the frequency response but rather allows the electronic component to perform more or less efficiently due to the restricted or unrestricted flow of electrons. Try a Radix Cable; the Quiddity will be your benchmark for efficient electron transfer and @$250 it won't break your piggy bank. You can find them at AudibleElegance.com or RadixCables.com for the same price. You will be pleasantly surprised.
". . . restricted
or unrestricted flow of electrons."

What does this mean, and how is it measured?