AC captive cords???

Was wondering if anyone has thoughts on what to do with a captive AC power cord, my sub has one, and i'am looking for suggestions on improvements... Has anyone used the mapleshade method of cutting and replacing with their cord? Thank-you...
aolmrd1241
Ahhh... the non-believers sneer...
I am in-between. I believe, but in moderation.
Personally i would get some belden shielded cord (# from Jon Risch website via audio asylum)
And stick it on with a decent Marinco plug.
Total cost: $25.
Of course you can get a $1,000. cord....
I bought 70 feet of the Belden shielded and am having fun making my own powercords.. cheap. I am cheap... really cheap.
And you are NOT gonna hear much more from a sub over a cord.. unless the original cord was way to small.
I agree with Elizabeth. You're not going to hear any changes in the subwoofer's low frequencies by changing a power cord.

Power cord benefits are apparent in the mid-bass, midrange, upper midrange and high frequencies.

IMO, FWIW, Amen, All Praise to Allah.

Kumbaya.
Thanks for the response all, i'll have to think about my options... Eldartford and Tplavas, are you guys sure your not rolling up those bills for other things beside audio???(:^)----
IMO, FWIW, Amen, All Praise to Allah.

Tvad I checked "my page" forum threads to see how the, do power cords really make a difference thread was doing, and its gone. Over 300 posts down the drain. Guess the nonbelievers won that one.... Speaking of power cords I bought a PS Audio "xStream Plus"
2 meter power cord for my Arcam Alpha 9 CDP, $130 bucks shipped. Big difference over the old aftermarket non shielded AudioQuest cable I was using.
just for kicks and giggles, you might try an "after" line cord. get an adapter and connect another line cord to the captive line cord. assume you have a spare line cord, the cost of the adapter should be about $25.00 .