JADE AUDIO Cables

Hi

I ordered a pair of Jade Audio cables (Vermeil version, not the Golden one) from Audiogon member Jadem6, who offers a one month return guarantee.

I was wondering wether other Audiogon members already tried and/or bought these new DIY cables.

I read the review made by JD himself, but ofcourse I'm curious to hear the comment of buyers/users.

Thanks
mattheus
I just ordered a set of Jade Audio Vermeil 1m cables and am anticipating them. Any new users of them or any more comments from present users of Jade Audio cables?
Spyder, I have found they don't like to be moved and despite the breakin that JD does, they take several days to be at their best. I am anxiously awaiting my 4.5m. pair of Vermeils. I have heard many, many cables and these are the best.
I have been listening to a 1 meter pair of Solid Gold (RCA), and they are simply phenomenal. Their ability to capture the shimmer of brass (cymbals and horns) is unlike anything I've heard before. Vocals just float into space, the soundstage has much more depth. Tonal accuracy and harmonic textures seem so true, just a 'rightness' to the sound.
Very relaxed and natural presentation, yet I don't feel as if any transparency has been lossed.

I'm using it between phono preamp and preamp. I wish I had the scratch to do the whole rig with the Gold, but that will have to wait. In the meantime I've ordered a 1 meter and 2 meter pair of Vermeil Gold (XLR) to run from cd player to preamp, and preamp to amps. I ordered them a week or so ago, so they may be in soon. If they are even close to the Gold's I think I'll be very happy.

FWIW, the Solid Gold replaced a 1 meter run of the excellent Ridge Street Audio Designs Poiema!!!, which had replaced the Nordost Valhalla.

John
I played with a pair of Vermeil and 2 pairs of Gold trying to find a way not to like the Gold because of the cost. But the way the Gold allows for the performance behind the speakers to come to life is like no other IC I have had here. Gone is the need to compromise between a tonally coherent result vs. the spatial, decay, harmonic structure capabilities that so many other cables manage to filter out.

I still have not heard the Stealth Indra nor Purist Anniv. but these are both significantly higher cost than the Jade Gold. When I hear the Indra soon, I will report back on my findings vs. the Gold.

The Vermeil brings the top-most frequencies from percussion a little more out into the room and the bass was also notably tighter which is a good thing for me with all the bass energy I now have with the addition of many new Stealth PCs. The Gold lags just a wee bit behind here but the bass is never boomy or annoying. But a return to the Gold makes these frequency-extreme differences a moot point once you hear the performance again explode into 3-dimensional magic. Perhaps without the Aesthetix Io/Callisto/JL-3, this one difference between the Jade cables would most likely not be as evident. But the Io-to-Callisto link with an XLR Gold in my system has no peers.

Like John, I don't think I can afford Golds throughout but Jade will work with me to get darn close with a Vermeil or two strategically placed in the system and the Gold in the key locations we identify through listening.

As much as I loved the sound of my system fully loaded with Dominus ICs and PCs, the Stealth Dream & M5000 PCs and now the Jade ICs takes my system to yet another level.

So we all need to hurry up and get these Gold cables before the price of Gold jumps!
Jafox, do you not have the Stealth Dream pcs in your system any longer? I am seriously thinking of getting some.

As I mentioned earlier, I visited JD over Christmas and compared the Vermeil and Gold on his system. There were aspects of the sound I preferred with the Golds, but the mid bass down was better with the Vermeil. I have a 4.5 m. pair coming once JD has the kinks worked out. I should note that all I listen to is single ended RCAs.