Best RCA to mini adapter or RCA to mini cable?

What is the best way to connect an iPOD or laptop to a high end system? I am looking for high quality cables or a RCA to mini adapter. I am not sure if one is better than the other. What do you recommend?

thanks
pilotxerau
I bought both from Radio Shack. I prefer the RCA to mini adaptor. I get to choose my IC and the length I want although I wouldn't go to long.
I second the Zu Pivot. I have also used a Cardas mini-to-mini and I prefer the Pivot's harmonics. The Radio Shack cable (which I also have) doesn't bear comparison to either the Cardas or the Zu.
The Zu Pivot is a good cable. Big, big improvement over a Radio Shack I had or the readily available Monster (though it was significantly better than the RS and cheap at $20). The Zu is good value, especially if you get it on auction at ebay. Clearer, more open, better highs. I'm now experimenting with a Bis Audio cable with copper Eichmann RCAs that they made up for me and am even happier. Vinnie at Red Wine Audio likes the Audiopath cable -- silver with silver Eichmann and the guys at 6moons like the Crystal Cable. Try 'em all and let us know!
btw use Apple Lossless on your iPod.