Cardas Vs. Acoustic Zen

Hi
did anyone have a chance to audition the new Acoustic Zen double barrel speaker cables Vs. cards golden reference ?
I have had the impression that the CGR are too "warm", less open and somewhat bloated in the mid bass. the acoustic zen are very open , Airy, and tend to lack warmth.
your impressions are welcome
thanks
mamhoon
mamhoon
Mamhoon, I am not sure what you call warmth in the cable.

AZ cables are dynamic and open sounding. They don't roll off the high frequencies.

What are you trying to accomplish with new speaker cables?
Hi,

I'm using acoustic zen's Double Barrel. Having compared it against the CGR, I can say that the CGR doensn't stand a chance, being rolled-off at the top and less transparent at the midrange. The AZDB also gives much better bass weight and speed.

Other cables tried: Dnm/Reson, Harmonic Tech Pro-11 plus biwire, VDH Inspiration
Hi, I think it all depends on the speakers on my two systems one with the Merlin vsm mm's the Cardas Golden Reference is the better match and with the Von Schweikert VR4JR's the Acoustic Zen Double Barrel was the better match.
Mamhoon, whether you choose for Cardas or Acoustic Zen, it doens't matter much: they are both excellent cables. Don't be too obsessive about that. Btw, room acoustics are much more important.

Chris
if your speakers sound shrill in your room Cardas
if everything is well balanced AZ