ac cables falling out of IEC inlets on amps

I use medium weight power cables with Marinco connectors.They sound good, but they fit in the IEC inlets on my monoblocks only loosely and can easily loose their connection. I am considering replacing the inlets on the amps with ones that solidly grip the powercord.
Any suggestions?
pummy
Try to use cable ties to suspend the cable above the component so the weight of the cable is not pulling down the IEC connection.
On the other end, I have even gone as far as attaching L brackets to the wall above the wall outlet to be able to hang cable ties to support the weight of a heavy plug .
I have had good luck with PS Audio connectors and chose them because I now believe that the connectors and a vise-like junction is more important than the wire contained within the cord. I treat the prongs with conductor fluid and I know when I have trouble pulling out the plug that it is the right connector. I love the idea of a small screw tightener like computer serial cords. There's a marketing opportunity!
Elizabeth - Desoldering aids (copper braid, etc.) mean never having to say you are sorry.
The aftermarket retaining clips ARE available- I have one on my 3910 for all the reasons cited above. I can't remember where I got it, but I would imagine someplace like Markertek (sp?).
#1 the IEC is a computer industry connection, and is a bad but cheap choice for audio use and especailly with Monsterous sized power cables.. Why somebody decided to use this standard is beyond me accept it simply was an approved and abundant available option in the first place, big reason why we buy a new Audio component for 10,000 bucks and get a 60 cent 18 gauge computer power cord with it.

We should have gear with a locking type connection anyway.. Or hell a Standard 3 prong Hubble outlet with another standard AC plug would be perfectly fine.. So you would then buy power cables with a standard 15 amp connection identical on both ends of the power cord.