Interconnects

I'm looking for some feedback/opinions.
When buying interconnects, do you follow any sort of guidelines? For example, do you use the same interconnect whether it's an amp-preamp connection vs. a CD player (internal DAC) vs. a turntable? Better quality interconnects between amp and preamp, not as good between preamp and CD player?
Ag insider logo xs@2xkmulkey
I always try to stay at least within the same brand and usually the same model. I've found over the years that it seems to work best.
However, everyone has different tastes and recommendations really don't mean much because no one knows your taste in sound and cables perform (sound) different in different systems. For example, you wouldn't want to use a silver cable in a system that is already bright. Te problem is, some don't know bright went it hits them! They would call it transparent-hmmm. makes it rough when you receive opinions.
I've pretty much done that. I have a low to mid fi system (Vandersteen, Anthem, VPI and Denon) and have used AQ Diamondbacks for everything except the amp-preamp connection. I'm using AQ Black Mamba II for that. I was just looking for differing viewpoints from component to component.
Stick with a brand that works for you budet and performance-wise. If you wake up one day and find that you turned into a tweak overnight, then you can start searching for the "ideal" IC for each component. Good luck with that... ;-)

Dave
What works best in my system is the best I/C from CDP to pre and either the same or lesser from pre to amp, I think that is the general consensus.