Directional interconnect cables

I see several big-name interconnect vendors mark directional arrows on the outer jacket of the cables.

How is it that a wire can be directional? It's a simple electrical conductor, how is it possible for it to be directional, to sound "better" when connected in one direction vs. the other? This does not make sense to me, perhaps someone here can explain how this can possibly be so...
lupinthe3rd
The experiment, performed with new(0 hrs) cables/interconnects, would be valid. Not hard to figure out. My theory concerning the chevron structure affecting the positive(compression generating) portion of the signal if a cable is reversed is based on the possibility of it acting as somewhat of a diode toward the signal. That would mean connected correctly, the positive(Compression) portion of the signal would pass unscathed/uncorrupted, the negative- less so. Perhaps I shouldn't have slept through so many sessions of Quantum Mechanics 101.
This is really like a bar discussion. Everyone a quasi expert. No one truly
knowing the answer, or sufficiently explaining their theory with solid
evidence.

Might as well be a discussion about sports, or politics, or cars.

Around and around it goes.
Buy favorite cable, install per manufacturer, sit back and enjoy..unless your an obsessive psychopath:)
Well, I'm convinced now.... I'm going to turn my throttle CABLES around. My HOG should run alot better......

LOL......
Showing my ignorance here, but if analog audio signals are AC, how is there any directionality at all apart from shielding ground?