cable doubter no more

i was once one that thought high end cables were just a waste of money. i upgraded my system and purchased all ps audio cables. these were replacing signal cables, i heard a clear improvment. i was satisfied, and believed my currant componenets were as good as it would get with them. i then went to the R.M.A.F. and lusted after all the great sounding gear. but my ears were bigger than my wallet. but after finding some good deals on some dh labs revelations, and a set of analysis plus blackovals, my system has been transformed. im talking a good 20% by 2 sets of interconnects and a set of speaker cables. im blown away by the improvement. to all you cable doubters out there sorry YOU ARE WRONG !! just wanted to get that out there , thanks for reading.
jrw40
SO tiresome: Hearing from all the deaf doubters out there!! Then again- Look how big Stereo Re-phew's(GAG) subscription list was. Oh well- Freedom of Speech(and, in some cases: Ignorance), made America what it is.
Its just human nature to post that way and more of said human nature to reply that way and the reply to the reply.YOU ARE WRONG is a first grade emotion and pretty much dooms the post to a level of that which is in all of us from 5 to 85.Crayons,chalk,new friends,recess,wonderful smells,alliances,betrayals.As basic and predictable as the first Pong game.The Red Green ending then and adieu,cheers,Bob
You said "i upgraded my system"; were the new cables the ONLY change, or was there new component(s) involved too?

And I have to agree with Usblues. Making the 'YOU ARE WRONG' statement comes across as arrogant, as the change you heard may be specific to your system, ears and listening room, and those cables may just as easily degrade the sound of someone else's setup.

That said, I do believe cables make a difference (from personal experience), but maybe avoid the sweeping statements :)
ok, "you are wrong" was not intended as an attack, as much as a seeing the light kind of thing with cables in mind.and 20% might be a bit of a stretch, but it did increase the sound quality a good bit,that i would consider an upgrade. but since the life has been sucked out of any real conversation about cables.ill just get back to listening to music. latter
A case can be made that if each of us could keep swapping out cables in our high end systems and repeat this process until we found the optimum sound from our gear, then cables could transform the performance in many of our setups. The problem is it's cost prohibitive. Even if you could keep borrowing through the Cable Company and had the time to keep the cables long enough for them to fully settle in, the cost of many cables is too high to begin with. You can buy used and still pay too much in some cases. So, due diligence with the value to performance cable designers is the only option for many audiophiles. Many have trials. Wouldn't it be fun to have 5 sets of IC's and SC's from different great cable makers and be given six months to try them to hear which ones would make your system sing? ;then be able to buy the best of the lot for your system at an affordable price? That would be the ultimate. I feel, we never truly know the many ways our gear and speakers can sound given the many cables available to connect it all together.
More to discover