looking for interconnect under 200 dollars

looking for interconnect that has a nice soundstage with tight bass and decent midrange for under 200 dollars. Is there one out there or is this just a crazy pipedream.
danovak
Thanks Sherod....now there's another cable on the list that I need to try. So many cables so little time....

BTW, I know it doesn't fit into this thread, but have you tried any of Antipodes more expensive cables?

Cheers,
John
Hi John. Yes, I have two pair of the Komako, the next step up. I won a couple of the entry-level Katipo and paid the $140.00 upgrade for the Komako. The Komako is worth the slight additional cost. It is basically a Katipo, but with some gold and platinum added. The Komako also have the upgraded Xhadow connectors. The improvements are a little more natural timbre and tonal colors. Mark Jenkins, the owner/designer of Antipodes spent 6 years researching and developing his interconnects. He is a great guy to talk to if you have any questions about his interconnects. I would love to try his all-out assault Reference interconnects, but need to save up my pennies. (o:
check out Morrow Audio... no affiliation, just a pleased customer...

Give 'em plenty of time to burn in... crucial to the results.

:) listening,

Ed
I'm not overhyping this cable but it is really, really good for its $16.99 price and that is Radio Shack's Auvio interconnects. It's a clear and natural sounding cable with just a touch of warmth. It even preserves ambiance and decay cues nicely.
The first advice from MacdadTexas is the best for two reasons. Great sound and great resale. If you decide to move up later the Heros will be like a savings account.
In a few years, some of the other companies will not exist and you will be stuck with another cable to stuff in a drawer.