Does anybody smell smoke?

Greetings everyone,
I just received a used Audioquest Sub 3 cable that was purchased on Ebay. When I opened the package I discovered that the cable has a very strong odor of cigarette smoke.

Any advice on how to get rid of or lessen the odor without hurting the cable? If possible, I would like to solve the problem without returning the item.

Thanks in advance.
Ag insider logo xs@2xheadshrinker2
"Rub it down with cat urine. That will definitely get rid of the smoke smell. Hope this helps."

Cat urine is OK. I heard that if you buy exotic white tiger urine, that is about the best you can get. I just happen to be selling some by coincidence, too.
Wipe with Isopropyl alcohol and rag, probably more than one time to remove the tar first, then any cover scent you like.
Greetings everyone,
Just a bit of follow-up for those who might be interested. Thanks again for all your suggestions.

(1) 2 boxes of a baking soda in a sealed bag: did not make any difference.
(2) Isopropyl alcohol: maybe cut down the strength of the smoke smell about 10-20%.
(3) Febreze: this actually seemed to make the most difference among the three strategies tried. It was tried after the alcohol. I would say the Febreze both eliminated and masked (it has a fragrance) an additional 30-40% of the odor.

So, some of these strategies were useful, but did not eliminate the odor.
My guess is that the cable jacket is permeated w smoke and you can only really clean the surface. There are strong odor neutralizers that they use in the plumbing trade (you can imagine why). Try putting the cable in a sealed bag w one for a few days and report back.
Maybe you can get some nice clean plastic or rubber tubing and slide it over the cable and tape the ends with clear tape?

Best,
Bob