Amphenol glass toslinks - First impressions

I just got my Amphenol glass toslink cables. I have done a quick a/b between it and a basic $5.00 fiber toslink .
The detail is very noticable right off the bat. There seems to be greater hang time on the steel guitars, the brush on the snare is more defined and the texture of the electronocs is more distinct. The soundstage seems to be deeper also. The vocals and instruments that are far back also are not muddy, but very clear and crisp.
In my opinion they do make a definite difference over the standard fiber cables that I have been buying elsewhere.

Anyone else notice that difference when changing to glass?
128x128mattzack2
Hi Matt.

Going from my desk top PC to my DAC, my Sonic Wave glass optical beats,slightly, my Belkin Pure AV USB cable and my Monster plastic optical (which was more expensive than the SW glass).

Mike
Mike - I know what you mean. I am running my first one between my transport and my dac. It is beating any digital cable I have.
I have a second glass optical that I am going to run between my Mac Mini and my dac. I have been enjoying the first glass since this morning, then the Fedex guy pulled up with a pair of Gabriel Gold Revelation MK2 interconnects, so it's hard to be analytical right now... I am just enjoying the music and the whole experience... I know you know what I'm talking about.

I was very surprised at the improvement over standard fiber that everyone is selling. I was also surprised to see how solid they are built. I got the Amphenol polished glass toslinks. They are really beautiful.

It really is amazing to get to a point in quality that you can really hear your sound changing with each new upgrade. I wish I had a million bucks just for HiFi. I love it. To me, it's like a savings account that you can enjoy building in value. You not accumulate equity, but you also get the most important reward from the beautiful sounds that you get to hear.... really priceless.

Enjoy your glass, Mike !
If glass toslink sounds better than standard toslink, and they are both digital, could a better quality usb cable sound better than a standard usb cable?

I have been a digital guy most of my life, 1's and 0's, so I cannot figure out how the same 1's and 0's sound so different coming through different cables, but they do.