Why don't gold based cable fans try Synergistic

I am looking to try new cables and have been reading the archives in cable forums on all the great cable recommendations. I'm trying to get a handle on how the Synergistic Tesla range that I once owned compare to the gold based cable offerings.

However for some strange reason hardly any of the members here who seem to have tried the various gold based faves (Gabriel Gold, Jade, KCI, Purist and others) have not been tempted to try the popular Synergistic cables and not much here in the way of comparisons. I am not sure why but there seems to be two camps.

Anyways hoping to get a comparison as I had the Tesla Accelerators in my system for a short while and wonder if the gold based cables have the same naturalness, depth of soundstage, air and separation of the Teslas. I should add that as good as the Accelerators were sound wise I did not like the idea of introducing more electricity into my system with the active shielding hence looking for comparable alternatives.
frankk
I just found this thread. I might offer my experiences. My first solid gold interconnect was the Stealth PGS. I grew tire of the softness of gold and ultimately jumped to the Indras. What struck me with them other than that they did not sound at all like gold, is how encompassing they were. At various times during this period I tried palladium interconnects and just hated them. It might be that palladium like gold will not oxidize but they have a "sound" that I just find anathema to music. Next I tried non-metal interconnects from Cerious Technology and really did like the lack of "metal splash" with them. Then I heard of Jades.

I visit JD in his home an auditioned the Golds versus the Vermeil. I think the Vermeils are really gold plated. I was glad that I did because again I heard the gold and much preferred the Vermeils. Shortly thereafter the Hybrids were made with a "blend" of gold and silver. I bought only one pair of them and did prefer them between the dac and my line stage. I retained Vermeils elsewhere and later bought the Jade speaker wires.

I had heard demonstrations of the SRs stuff at CES and was impressed but never bought into the line. Then came the '08 RMAF and a very convincing demonstration of the new Tesla line as well as the ARTs for room resonance. I bought the ARTs at the show. On reflection of what I heard, I tried their PowerCell, then more pcs, and ultimately I reviewed a fully charged system, including pcs, ics, and speaker wires. These were mainly Apexs, Hologram A & Ds, and the PowerCell 10SE.

I must say that I have had a immense improvement in my sound with these and really think the "quantum tunneling" is a major contribution to their sound. I actually had Home Depot cheaters zapped and compared them to those just from the store. You would not believe what benefit there was from being zapped.

I don't hear any coloration in the SR line, and really don't know what metal is used, but I would guess silver. I will never go back to uncharged ics or speaker cables.

I have heard much more expensive ics, costing many times what the Apex cables do, and much prefer the Apexs.

Given my experiences, I will never try gold ics again.

As always, YMMV.
Frank, Silkworms are selling at a good discount because the Silkworm + is now out from KCI.

Jim, here are just a few manufacturers who have some form of gold in the conductors. The difference in price has a lot to do with how much gold is in the cable. (In no particular order).

KCI
Antipodes
Jade
Gabriel Gold
Bogdan
Black Mountain
Analysis Plus
Siltech
Audio Metallurgy
Jungson
Grant Fidelity
Stealth

These are all that I can think of at this time. Remember, just because a cable says Gold or Golden on it, does not mean it uses gold in the conductors (eg: Tara Labs Zero Gold and Wireworld Gold Eclipse 6 have no gold in the conductors).

Cheers,
John
John,
You can add the Synergistic Research Au79 to your list of gold IC's.

Frankk,
The SR Au79 are non-active and not too expensive. I am thinking of auditioning them in my office system.

Cheers
Thanks John... it appears from where I'm already at a quite substantial investment will be required here... if this gold approach is truly something more akin to my own ear, yet prevails to infuse more naturalness. I see natural or organic as what I strive for while not sacrificing dynamics or having the sound become overtly resolute and clinical. I believe music does possess an inner 'color' or 'glow' which I do not wish to attenuate merely for greater ambience retrevial or resolution.

I think we all know or should know by now, it's that line between musical involvment and simple strident recreations which leave out nothing and thus become distracting and clinical.

Think I'm gonna begin with speaker cables first as I'm going to move my power line into the listening room following relocating some of my dedicated ckts.
Blindjim, you mentioned that someone would inherently need to use SR throughout their system. Why is this so? I've been looking into SR and wondering if the active shield would cause interference in adjacent cables that aren't well shielded. Is this what you're talking about?