Gauge + Length +Material = Sound

Is this a formula for cable sound?

Reason I ask is because I conducted the following experiment;

I made the following cables;

1 pair of rca interconnects about two feet (60cm) long
1 set of "preamp->power amp" jumpers converted to rca interconnects - about 1/2 a foot (15 cm) long.

Both sets of cables had identical materials, identical casing and identical gauge, identical terminations.

No sound difference whatsoever.
So over small distances, sound ought not to change - unless we change the metal of the cable. Or perhaps the gauge?

I might make some with a different gauge over the same distance. What are your predictions re the sound?
bleoberis
Any length change of cables will change the sound.Without trying it,who knows how much,and how noticeable.
My prediction is Wishful thinking + Expectations = Perceived Change in Sound.

There is no likely change in sound for short runs of RCA for several feet when using properly matched, well designed and well functioning equipment.

Since you do not hear a difference your equipment is probably good.

Although you might begin to hear something if you went more than 20 feet of RCA on some gear (due to capacitance) and very likely you would hear an audible difference with 100 feet of RCA.

There are volume, as well as bass and treble tone controls on most gear and you can always buy an equalizer - these are all well suited for modifying the sound. Trying to modify the sound quality through changes in cables is very much on the border of and generally well below what is audible unless you go to extremes (from a science/equation perspective).