PS Audio AC-5 question

I recently bought PS Audio AC-5 power cord for my Parasound HCA-1205A amp. My pre is Anthem AVM-20 with Shunyata Diamondback power cord. My speakers are Paradigm Studio 60 v.3. When I changed the power cord of the amp from stock cable, I found that the overall sound is more forward than I would like. Also the top end has opened up, but I feel it to be a bit harsh - to the face. Not sure what is the issue. Is the PS Audio AC-5 a worng choice to Parasound amp?.
lake_eleven
Hey Lake, your right on the mark I looked over some notes on the AC10 and after 60hrs the worst of the breakin came in. It wasn't until around 125 hrs it snapped out of it and smooth out the highs a little more. It came back with some goodies not there before. According to my notes and I qoute "opening up in a new way" if one can qoute one's self (LOL). This time however the nasties showed up around 48 hrs or so. Do you have the AC12 directly in wall or Quintet? I have the advantage of 2 dedicated lines one for the Quintet and one for the Soloist Premier, AC12 and amp and is most likely why its still very listenable and yeilding good results while breaking in, even though it's more consrticted than out the box! Can't wait till 125 to see what's in store.
BTW, I will be returning the fuses, as this tweak degrades the system.
Did you get Hi-fi Tuning fuses? They are directional so make sure they seat in correctly.
I considering Soloist Premier too. But not sure how easy is the installation. So tomorrow will be 125 hrs for AC-12, should smooth out by then.

Yes the fuses were Hifi gold fuses. They did create a black background and improved mid bass. But colored the highs which I did not like. I tried all possible directions as my amp has 2 fuses for each channel.
Hi Lake and Nasaman, the instalation for the Soloist is pretty simple use the templet and cut a double gang box hole and the wiring is straight forward, and looks good installed! Music direct has the Perfectwave cables for 50% off with any cable trade in and free shipping this month.