PS Audio AC-5 question

I recently bought PS Audio AC-5 power cord for my Parasound HCA-1205A amp. My pre is Anthem AVM-20 with Shunyata Diamondback power cord. My speakers are Paradigm Studio 60 v.3. When I changed the power cord of the amp from stock cable, I found that the overall sound is more forward than I would like. Also the top end has opened up, but I feel it to be a bit harsh - to the face. Not sure what is the issue. Is the PS Audio AC-5 a worng choice to Parasound amp?.
lake_eleven
For the spray I would spray the cotton swab and clean the connectors on the cable and use one to dry and then wipe off any excess, let dry for 2-5 minutes, then plug in. For IC's Iwould try to do the same or get something other than cotton swabs that wont snag or rip easily. If you have a Radio Shack or Electronics store nearby and get the sponge type swabs on a stick (LOL)! As I write this my AC12 has 144 hrs and is blacker mids are surreal and highs are begining to extend, bass still lagging behind but not as much anymore, musical tone is beautiful. It seems to be 15 hrs ahead of the AC10 at this point when it was breaking in.
Hi Lake, just wanted to report on the tone of notes from piano violins and upright bass seem to linger forever the AC12 loves music! At first the new details where over shadowing what was familar to me and found it distracting at first, but letting it incorperate it self to what I was use to became much more enjoyable, just no more straining to hear what was once so faint in the background. It's becoming a wonderful listening experience I'm at around 176 hrs.
My Quintet is fully burned in. At around 170 hrs on AC-12, the way the sound opened up was just amazing!. As you said, more details and more sweetness (don't know what it is!) to music. The dynamics and realism has returned in a much better way. Overall it is just a WOW!. Forums suggest actual burn-in happens after 225 hrs, cant imagine what that will be!.
Yeah wish I could explain it, but what ever it is, I like it! You can sit back and ride the wave home as it will seem as though its not going to stop giving up more new sound. Man I wish I bought the AC12 first its a Killer!! How did the Caig workout any differnce?
Have not tried the Caig G5 yet. Waiting for the burn-in to be done. Have to clean all the power cords and ICs, may be the fuses too. May have to toe-in the speakers a bit as the sound stage has widened.