PS Audio AC-5 question

I recently bought PS Audio AC-5 power cord for my Parasound HCA-1205A amp. My pre is Anthem AVM-20 with Shunyata Diamondback power cord. My speakers are Paradigm Studio 60 v.3. When I changed the power cord of the amp from stock cable, I found that the overall sound is more forward than I would like. Also the top end has opened up, but I feel it to be a bit harsh - to the face. Not sure what is the issue. Is the PS Audio AC-5 a worng choice to Parasound amp?.
lake_eleven
Had a few days off from my listening sessions while the cables continued to burn in. They are well over their burn-in period. Now the whole gear sounds just amazing. As a final tweak, I moved AC-12 to the quintet and AC-10 to the amp. I started to hear more, loads of detail. Probably an enhanced mids and highs. It was quite interesting to hear more detail. But it also revealed the short comings of the recordings and the gear, I think. So I preferred the sound of AC-12 on amp. Moved AC-12 back to the amp and WOW sounds smooth and pleasant. Now spinning my favorite Mark Knopfler's Sailing to Philadelphia. WOW he is singing to me!.
Thanks JDub for guiding me to clean up my power. You are my audiophile guru!, thanks much. Hope you are enjoying your upgrade too.
Glad to hear it Lake! the great thing about this hobby is we learn from each other a true meeting of the minds and with forums in which to share these ideas we all win and get closer to the sound trapped in our head LOL! Oh! almost forgot my AC12 is still burning in at 364 hrs! The sound stage keeps expanding and bass is really digging deep and the level of refinement is first class. Ive decided to let it go for 400 hrs and see this weekend if its done. My AC10 gave in at 285 hrs, mabe its the fact of more copper? ah who knows. at any rate I have the Brothers in arms dvd audio disc I'll be sure to see if Mark drops by.I'll share some final thoughts this weekend.
Hi, Lake and all do you still have your fuses? any new feedback on them? reason for asking I treated my stock ends with Caig to see if there was anything to this whole fuse thing. Well the results where more than I expected the separation of instruments and the way mids come across is nice and talk about 3d, pitch definition and deeper bass . This was the main line fuse only and this promted me to jump in with both feet. I 'll be recieving the HiFi tunning Silver Star today for the main line stock fuse and eventually the other four in the amp, then the anthem is next. Just the cleanig and treating was a huge increase, I'm sold. the question now is gold or silver but I will have to see what the silver star does first?