balanced vs. unbalanced sound quality

hi all i just got a theta dreadnaught amp and i currently have it hooked up through the unbalanced inputs.

i dont know very much about this topic, so i was wondering if i got balanced cables, would the sound quality improve? i will be using all 1 meter cables.

i know that higher end cables will sound better, but lets just say that the balanced cables would be of the same quality as the unbalanced.

thanks all,
cheers
nineballg
I just tried the balanced inputs on my pre and amp and noticed a big increase in overall quailty. I agree with Aaronmadler, both of the makers of my gear recommended the balance inputs and in my case they are right . By all means try it!
It depends on which preamp you are using. Does your preamp have XLR outputs? Or are you trying to use a RCA-XLR adaptor with a balanced cable?

One thing I would like to make you aware of. If by "higher end" you mean higher price, it doesn't automatically translate into better sound, it only means higher price.
This debate comes along often. It really depends on the components involved as there are numerous varibles. For short cable runs there`s no clear winner(very long runs favor balance cables).Some of the very best cost no object components are single end design per builder preference. Try both and see what you like best.
Jdub39 - I don't have a lot of experience with balanced vs. unbalanced, but I did have an amp that used both. When I first tried balanced it sounded much better, but then I realized that the balanced connections have more gain, i.e.: The music was a little louder. I believe much (maybe not all) of the "Balanced is better" is due to the increased gain.
So, did you level match?