New Esoteric P02 D02

Hello,

Seems like there is a new set up separates from Esoteric. The P02 D02. Hven't seen any info out there at all, but it is for sale already at retailers. Not a substitute of the P03 D03 as expected, that are still selling as well, but a new category in between de 01s and 03s. DACs and inputs seem like an upgrade of the K01.

Anyone has any info, or heard of this? You can read about it at Esoteric parent company home page (in Japan but in English).

Price in Europe is 3.000 Euros higher than the 03s per unit (so +6000 EUros higher in total)

Any feedback, info news?

Thanks
Eli
eelii08
Hi Eli,

Yes, in my view, the P-02/D-02 represent a truly significant advancement compared to the P-03/D-03.

Best wishes,
Alex Peychev
Thanks Alex,

Do you think upgrading just the DAC unit and keeping the transport, D02/P03, makes more sense than upgrading both components, given the price?
Hi Eli,

Esoteric claims some new type of digital interface between transport and DAC that includes non-PLL type of synchronization that is much more desirable than the usual PLL, so I think the P-02 compliments the D-02 in that respect, although I am not sure whether the actual VRDS transport in the P-02 is superior to the P-03. Please note that the well known 10MHz Rubidium external clocks use PLLs and VCOs which, in my view, are inferior to their new synchronization technology. FYI, Ed Metiner and Andreas Koch did a similar non-PLL sync even in their older transport/DAC combos. Of course, I still feel that the asynchronous approach is even better, and use it in all of my products, but that is just me. :-) Everything has good and bad sides, I guess.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Alex Peychev

Been checking. These have been out for a while now and are for sale (at least in Europe). Assume in the US as well. But no info on them anywhere I can find on the web. No reviews or feedback form anyone or info beyon Japan Esoteric web page.

Anyone know why this may be? Or where to get more info in English (lots of things but only and Japanese and I'm not exactly fluent...

thanks
Eli