Anyone like Mordaunt-short or Canton

I need new speakers for a 2nd system and was thinking between Mordaunt-short, Dali or canton. Wanted to keep unker 2k....Dali is on the high side for price so anyone like canton or Mordaunt-short? I dont know their models maybe aviano 8, but the canton 490.2 looks really good. Thanks.
128x128bobrock
I have experience with Canton speakers. I had the both the Reference 9.2 DC and the Chronos sl 530's. IMHO, except for the Reference 9.2 DC's, you can get much better speakers for much less elsewhere. Their tweeters are quite harsh and the midrange is usually a bit veiled. But the bass is usually very strong and powerful. Most of their speakers do better with rock than classical. I found my Chronos SL's to be very fatiguing... mainly due to the harsh tweeter.

With that said, the Reference line, in particular the 9.2's, are nothing short of amazing! They are up there with some of the best bookshelf speakers I've ever heard. The build quality is exceptional and the sound is really remarkable... smooth, non-harsh highs, pronounced mid range, and the tightest most controlled bass I've ever heard in a bookshelf ( In the store I kept looking for a subwoofer.) I only wish their whole lineup would sound closer to the reference line than they do.
I should note that I was just in the same boat as you looking for speakers under $2000. I listened to everything under the sun over a period of three weeks. Among others I auditioned B&W, Totem, Dynaudio, Revel, NHT, Paradigm, Polk, Epos, Quad, Thiel, Sonus Faber and Monitor Audio.

In the end, one speaker blew me away... the Nola Boxer. Its so much better than anything else in that price category that its not even fair to compare. There's a reason every reviewer has given it glowing reviews (and most of them have kept them as well.) I think one reviewer said it best- "If you're looking for a pair of standmount monitor speakers and you have about $1500 to spend, buy the Nola Boxers. End of review."