Do powercords make a difference in sound?

Do they make a difference by upgrading stock power cords in amps, ect versus aftermarket power cords? If so, can anyone advise a good bang for the buck upgrade?
chad329
Mapman, I only alluded to NASA because of this trite phrase, not rocket science. I do know a guy that used to be in NASA who got surplus electrical wire, he prefers newer stuff. He assured me that current capacity was not their only concern.
Rwwear, yours is just one side of the constant argument about hearing differences. I just compared two identical cables other than one using long linear crystal copper and the other silver, anyone who could not hear the improvement of the silver should invest very little into reproducing music. But my only dispute with those holding your position is why you care that I don't hold with your position. You cannot provide proof that there are no better or worse pcs. Please don't tell me of the same/different 30 sec. comparisons, they are invalid measures of what people hear.
"Digital recording is definitely superior to any other form of recording we know".

Herbert von Karajan