Do powercords make a difference in sound?

Do they make a difference by upgrading stock power cords in amps, ect versus aftermarket power cords? If so, can anyone advise a good bang for the buck upgrade?
chad329
Rwwear, this is old nonsense. Most people ignored Randi's challenge, but one accepted it. Randi set such conditions that no one ever had a chance to take the challenge.

Lissnr, ask yourself why Rwwear and Paperw8 bother to spend so much time and effort at their cause? Why would they care if you try different cables? I have suspicions, but I really don't know or care.
It's your cause TB. Some just don't believe in it plain and simple. As a matter of fact in the real world hardly anyone believes it. I'm not saying you are lying. I just need proof that I can believe.
Rwwear, no one owes you proof. I doubt seriously if many audiophiles avoid trying different power cords because several people, imbued with the "laws of EE," claim they could make no difference.
I didn't say anyone owes me proof. But I just don't believe everything I'm told without it. You have proven by they way you interpret what I say that you are not a reliable witness.
Rwwear, sorry! I have been in this conversation so many times that I over generalize. I don't believe many of the things that are written either and rather have to test them myself. We I am from the Show me state, Missouri.