Do powercords make a difference in sound?

Do they make a difference by upgrading stock power cords in amps, ect versus aftermarket power cords? If so, can anyone advise a good bang for the buck upgrade?
chad329
Almarg, I don't think anyone expects you to critique their decisions on wine, women, or song. Frankly, I don't really trust anyones experiences, other than a few friends where my experiences and theirs have corresponded frequently.

Also, I am very distrustful of those who use phrases, such as the laws of physics, etc. If I hear something very striking, as I know that our knowledge is incomplete, I ignore such opinions.

As a retired scientist, I have done my duty to the scientific method in noting research that violates ceteris paribus. I do see no reason for your avoiding pointing this out, however, as long as you know it may be ignored.
11-17-12: Tbg
Douglas_schroeder, were this a science there are many factors that would have to be held constant, such as time of day, as electricity demand varies, holding all other things constant, choice of music, etc.
I agree there are infinite number of dynamic variables but you should minimize as many as possible in an experiment. In this case, one obvious is performing the test in the same system. I can't believe you are arguing this point.
But it is not a science; it is a consumer's decision about purchases. If Liguy is satisfied, that is it.
Purchasing decision is not science but the test that lead to the decision IS ... logic, common sense ...
Tbg: So very well stated, sir. I echo your comments. I am amazed at how complicated some guys make this process. I've been marveling at that AC outlet experiment thread going on, for example. This is such a simple issue....get an appropriate audiophile AC cable, swap it out for what you have and listen for the result. Nothing else is required. You like what you hear or you don't....done.
Well, it seems that contrary to the old saying, great minds don't necessarily think alike :-)

In this case, while Richard gives an emphatic second to the comment by Tbg, I'll give an emphatic second to the ones from Knghifi and Doug Schroeder.

Best regards,
-- Al
"Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading."

Quintus Septimius Tertullianus (160 AD - 230 AD)

"But wonder on, till truth makes all things plain."

William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act V