what to buy under $500 bi wire spkr cable

i have a vincent 236 integrated powering psb stratus golds. using a jolida 100 cd player. what speaker cables would you recommend. my sound seems harsh with not enough low end. using 15 year old monster m series 1.4 cables.
vikingnick
I doubt it's your cables, and your speakers are capable of good bass so I would look elsewhere.
Anything that is pure copper for starters. You don't want silver in the mix as it can exacerbate the symptoms you describe. If possible get Cardas. You will only find their lower end stuff even used in your price range but familiarize yourself with the line and jump on a good deal. There are other good all copper cables but my experience is limited to just a few. In the low end giant killer category though I can recommend Pheonix Gold. In the high end stretch your budget besides Cardas, I like the Jena cables even the entry level Jena cable is really good.
If you get the Pheonix Golds, You will have money left over to upgrade your CD player. I owned that Jolida once and if you haven't rolled the output tubes in it, do so first thing. Get old stock Mullards, they really made a huge difference in the sound. I am really being quite serious it will change your sound dramatically. Used ones are fine in that function BTW.