Does anyone answer e-mail? Hello?

I'm new to AudiogoN, having signed on to facilitate purchasing some equipment to round out a couple of my systems, as well as partake of all the experience others have. Out of the last 13 e-mails I have sent to sellers inquiring about their components for sale, exactly TWO have responded. Is this the norm for this board? If so, I'm better off on e-bay. I'm very disappointed to find that noone seems very interested in selling the equipment they list. Has this been anyone else's experience, or am I missing something here?
vdub
Vdub-First of all cool name(I am a fellow dubber;). I would say close to 95% of my emails get returned from audiogon, though I have sold some things and low ballers are just plain annoying-sure everyone wants a good deal, but I got 14 emails in 3 hours and 12 of them where as stated above asking for it dirt cheap with shipping included.

Fatparrot-Hey thats a low blow, Tire Kickers? come no now have a heart! I'll feed my parrot some crackers soaked in anti-freeze! j/k.
Take the time and have the courtesy to answer all.
Dont ignore what you percieve as a low ball.
Answer them back with what it will take.
If you dont want lowball offers list your price as firm and state it.
You never offer what someone is asking.If you do you have more money than sense.
Get off your high horse's.
I must admit that with two exceptions everyone I have e-mailed has responded. As long as we treat each other with respect everything goes OK.

John
Natalie-Perhaps your time isn't valuable to you, but some of us have better things to do then humor low ballers. I always put firm on ads and what I ask for is what I will take, no less-and I still get many lowballers. Frankly my time(and I am sure I am not the only one here) is too valuable to offer these clowns more then 2 key-strokes to delete there message. Staying on "high-horse" ;)
You cant read can you tireguy.
I said if you dont want low ballers put firm.You do, I agree with you.If you put frim in your add dont reply if you dont and list OBO then you owe any offer a reply.