Brand new silver power cord is bright sounding

Hi

I bought this brand new 10awg power cord with silver plating, and I am trying it out with my integrated amp. I noticed that the music is brighter (almost shrill) sounding, but otherwise very good. Could be b/c the cable needs burn in time? I have also read somewhere that cables with silver can sound sound brighter. At this point I don't know if the problem is the particular cable or not.
robertsong
Robertsong,

Have you found specific comments about the cable to help guide you? Many people find burn-in can result in the sound changing...but be careful if you have only a limited time to return it. in my experience, silver does tend to brighten up a cable, all else being equal. Hopefully if designed right, not to the point of being shrill, though as you have seen, some people have said they do not like silver much.

speak with dealer...ask for a burned in demo model perhaps? see if it sound different from your new one?

good luck.
The silver in the cable is exposing a deficiency somewhere else in your music chain.

IMO, silver may be slightly quicker or give the system more transparency (which is a good thing). It typically should be an addition which increases your systems sense of pace, rhythm and timing and increases perceived resolution.

Sometimes this can be confused with increasing levels of "brightness/sibilance.
Burn in time may be needed.
In A/C not much to do with being 'bright' sounding IMO and experience.
I think, it depends on the position from the moon
---> sometimes my silver Power cords give me sonically a touch of orange
earthing, mixed with some purple colored sound staging and a dark
background.
Sometimes I also have a touch of green details with superior blue top End,
linked with a invisible airy medium Frequency area.
I think, the Furutech connectors add that kind of sensitive darkness which helps
me to enjoy the music without wearing sunglasses.
Highly recommended.