Purist Audio Break In - Venustas

Need some info on fellow users of PAD Venustas. I used the Cable Co's library to review the Venustas and loved it. Just got my new Venustas in today and plugged them up and they are decided bright sounding. I know the cables need breaking in, but can someone tell me if the brightness is normal? The only difference between my set and the library set is mine is 3.5m long and the libraries was 2m long.
last_lemming
Hi Last Lemming,
strange. When I bought mine I got from the very first moment its sonic presentation and after "burn in" it just became a bit more in every sonic area but I never had such a dramatic sonic change from bright to smooth (or something like that).
HI sorry to pick on this again... but the labels should be closest to the dac or pre...not the amp...maybe I am not understanding something...just trying to help you sincerely. If the labels are close to the amp, I don't that that is right...

Unless these are speaker cables...and I am thinking interconnects...maybe that's the mis understanding ??

Hope this helps...again just trying to help

(I also have to agree with Syntax...the cables do improve but not that dramatic like bright to smooth...)
Sorry Jfrech, my fault, these are speaker cables. I just realized I didn't mention that anywhere.

Syntax,
I wouldn't have thought there would be a big change either, but it was quite obvious when the first song came on.
Wonderful smooth, quiet cable 200 hrs break in.You could have had Jim Aud break it in for a week as i did im running
21ft single ended.Even if its broken in takes 50 hrs to reach its peak in your system.Enjoy!!
How long have you had em playing now? Settling down any? Let us know for sure after you get about 200 hours on em...

One final question...did you audition purist venastas and buy purist venustas praesto? The praesto revision does make the cable a bit more quicker, quieter and a touch more resolution....but doesn't loose any of the warmth...could be a possibility.