Speaker cables or interconnects??

Speakers: Spendor A6
Amp: Musical Fidelity M6i integrated
CD: Cambridge Audio azur C350
Turntable: Pro-ject Xpressions III
Cables: Audioquest Evergreen interconnects, Monster XP speaker wire

The Monster Cable sounds pretty good but highs are a little bright and mids slightly forward. I've tried DH Labs T14 and Blue Jean Cable and the DH sounded a little bright and "thin". The Blue Jeans Cable highs were smooth but the mids were a bit recessed.

Here's my question ......would I be better off keeping the interconnects consistent and trying to adjust via speaker cable? That's my current thinking. Any suggestions on a step up speaker cable that is just plain flat. Any guidance on the Cardas "Neutral" speaker cables. Any other recommendations, thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
jambalaya
This might be my issue: I simply might need more time on my AZ cables. I've been thinking of switching cables but what you are stating here makes sense to me. Interesting post.
Hard to put a number but my guess-timate is about 200 hours. I like the sound, don't get me wrong; but I am still not 100% satisfied for some reason. I came on Audiogon a few months ago trying to put things together. Followed a couple of advices. Tried a few other cables thanks to the generosity of the person that sold me some of the gear I have. Recently got in a heated debate over another brand because I didn't find it as marvelous as other posters. Ended with the conclusion that there is obviously good and bad advice here. Some of the bad is simply self-promotion by some people selling the products.
Don't want to go back on that issue.
So, in your opinion, Jambalaya, do I need a few more hours before I make another cable change to my system?
Musicallyinclined,

I've only had the Zens for a couple of days and have been initially impressed but they are different from the Monster XP. After listening for a while there seemed to be something missing that I liked about the XP so I reinstalled the Monster XP but just for couple songs and reaffirmed they are too bright so I know I am headed in the right direction at least with upgrading the speaker cables. When I started to reconnect the Zens I noticed ARROWS on the labels and since the cables don't come with instruction manuals (why would they?) I assumed it indicated the direction of "preferred current flow". And of course I had them installed the arrows headed to the amp instead of away from the amp to the speakers. https://www.google.com/search?q=acou...R2yBXHK5IqzWM:
OK, I hope I'm not going absolutely nuts, but I turned them around and could swear there is an improvement, a little more harmonics to the upper register of the piano and more "crash and bite" to percussion. I contacted AZ dealer who told me they needed at least 150 to 200 hours of burn in so you're well within the recommendation. Check out your cables and the arrows on the label, I don't know whether it will make any difference or not.
I am sure my cables need to burn in more but in your situation, it may be that there is "just something missing" and i would go with your gut instincts because this is a very subjective hobby. I now have a system which I feel like is 90% there and getting that last 10% is a bear.
With the satisfaction guarantees of Morrow Audio and Audio Advisor, I have cables from Morrow and Audioquest on the way. It's the only way I think I can decide, try them in my own home in my system.
Thanks for your reply, it's comforting to know I am not alone and going a little crazy.
Mike
So jambalaya

How did the morrow and audioquest cables compare to the Satoris?