New Esoteric P02 D02

Hello,

Seems like there is a new set up separates from Esoteric. The P02 D02. Hven't seen any info out there at all, but it is for sale already at retailers. Not a substitute of the P03 D03 as expected, that are still selling as well, but a new category in between de 01s and 03s. DACs and inputs seem like an upgrade of the K01.

Anyone has any info, or heard of this? You can read about it at Esoteric parent company home page (in Japan but in English).

Price in Europe is 3.000 Euros higher than the 03s per unit (so +6000 EUros higher in total)

Any feedback, info news?

Thanks
Eli
eelii08
Eelii, Have had the SR cords and Powercell for two weeks, have barely listened to them, baby has had all the attention. Tough to listen to music with a two week old baby ! But my impressions so far are very favorable! With jazz and rock very helpful in expanding the dynamics that may be squelched with the recording process. But there is an element of change to the music I cannot explain yet. How are the 9500's in your system? I will keep all posted of my findings... Got to get back to Madagascar, seen this movie fifty times... Funny what a 2 year old gets obcessed with! I wonder if music will be next, Hmmmm, better get a good education, this is cheap!
Dear Colekat,

"There were several reasons stated for this and it was the G-01 , not the Grb, but the logic is the same."

While I am not sure which one is better as I have not tried, the logic is not the same.

G-01 can output 22.579MHzHz, but G-0Rb can output max 176.4kHz. That is why there is such question,
1) G-0Rb (176.4kHz) --> P-02 + + G-0Rb (176.4kHz) --> D-02
2) G-0Rb (176.4kHz) --> D-02 (22.579MHzHz) --> P-02
especially
- page 6 of D-02 owner's manual http://www.teac.co.jp/audio/manual_esoteric.html
- page 42 of this powerpoint http://esoteric.teac.com/download/P-02/Downloads/P-02:D-02_Power_Point.ppt

cheers,
Hi Opera Lover, Hope you are enjoying your Combo. I was unaware that the Grb did not output 22.579Mhz. I do know , as you stated, you want to stay away from using the PLL circuitry if it all possible. I have my rig connected directly from clock to both D-02 and P-02 directly, and the clock is output 22.579 Mhz. I also used the clock output at 176.4, but clearly perferred the 22.579 output. Music sounds very natural with the clock at any output into the D-02/P-02. Hell, music sounded great without the clock, but the clock takes it to another level. I don't know how there could be any clock doubters out there, it is easily the best upgrade I have made, and that includes all cables, and adding the C-02 preamp. I heard an immediate improvement and I would find it difficult to listen without the clock now that it is in the loop.
Thanks guys for your input. Yes, I agree that the 48/176 sounds the best. I am experimenting with different clock settings now to see if I hear any improvement.
Hey All D-02/ P-02 Listeners, It is certainly a treat to be entertained with the great fidelity these machines achieve, no matter what the settings,they are truly amazing world class performers and a gift to own.
Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays.

Great Listening To All