New Esoteric P02 D02

Hello,

Seems like there is a new set up separates from Esoteric. The P02 D02. Hven't seen any info out there at all, but it is for sale already at retailers. Not a substitute of the P03 D03 as expected, that are still selling as well, but a new category in between de 01s and 03s. DACs and inputs seem like an upgrade of the K01.

Anyone has any info, or heard of this? You can read about it at Esoteric parent company home page (in Japan but in English).

Price in Europe is 3.000 Euros higher than the 03s per unit (so +6000 EUros higher in total)

Any feedback, info news?

Thanks
Eli
eelii08
Hey All D-02/ P-02 Listeners, It is certainly a treat to be entertained with the great fidelity these machines achieve, no matter what the settings,they are truly amazing world class performers and a gift to own.
Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays.

Great Listening To All
There is an important difference between the G0rb and G01. They are both using the same rubidium clock unit inside, but the rest is different. G01 is a Master clock (22mhz, etc.) replacing the master clock signal in dac, and a Word (44.1 khz, etc) clock. The older G0rb is only a Word clock. The older transports has pll and accept word clock. The new P02 doesnt use a pll chip to make things purer and simpler. So it would be the best if you are using G0rb only with D02, and then slave the D02 with P02. If you are using G01 you will get the best performance by using it as a master clock (22mhz).
To Colekat:

It is worth using G0rb or G01 clock with p02/d02.

To Eelii08:

After comparing p01vuk with p02 I have decided to switch to p02. Even tough it was lacking ultimate bass and laidback nature of the p01, p02 was more open, clear and had a bigger soundstage, also during louder passages p02 wasnt a bit coarse or busy. There is a smaller difference with cds.
I prefer s-dly1 filter and no upsampling or 2x with cds. To me 4x and other filters shrinked the soundstage and made the sound a bit bright.
Btwy, The new Grandioso P1/D1 is out in Japan probably to compete with dCs Vivaldi. The transport is using the exact same transport mech. as the p02. It has more advanced upsampling that is capable of true DXD 32 bit 352khz versus the p02's 24 bit 352khz. Also its power supply consisted of similar 4 transformers like p02 is housed in a different chassis like the older p01vuk.
As for the D1 it is a dual mono design like the older d01 and is using 16 dacs per ch. and 36 bit processing (an obvious marketing gimmick if you ask me) versus the D02's 8 dacs per ch. and 35 bit processing. It has a completely different analog output stage. Its USB can accept DSD as well.