New Esoteric P02 D02

Hello,

Seems like there is a new set up separates from Esoteric. The P02 D02. Hven't seen any info out there at all, but it is for sale already at retailers. Not a substitute of the P03 D03 as expected, that are still selling as well, but a new category in between de 01s and 03s. DACs and inputs seem like an upgrade of the K01.

Anyone has any info, or heard of this? You can read about it at Esoteric parent company home page (in Japan but in English).

Price in Europe is 3.000 Euros higher than the 03s per unit (so +6000 EUros higher in total)

Any feedback, info news?

Thanks
Eli
eelii08
Btwy, The new Grandioso P1/D1 is out in Japan probably to compete with dCs Vivaldi. The transport is using the exact same transport mech. as the p02. It has more advanced upsampling that is capable of true DXD 32 bit 352khz versus the p02's 24 bit 352khz. Also its power supply consisted of similar 4 transformers like p02 is housed in a different chassis like the older p01vuk.
As for the D1 it is a dual mono design like the older d01 and is using 16 dacs per ch. and 36 bit processing (an obvious marketing gimmick if you ask me) versus the D02's 8 dacs per ch. and 35 bit processing. It has a completely different analog output stage. Its USB can accept DSD as well.
To Eelii08:

I meant there is a smaller difference between both transports with SACDs.
Hey Pharma, I could not agree more, the clock with the D-02/P-02 is a huge step up in presence and soundstage. The music is far more natural with the clock! It has helped with cables too, seems now that I have the clock, the effect from cables is less noticable. I have added the C-02 Preamp also, and that has had a noticable improvement , again the music moves smoother and the overall presentation is very r"ealistic. I am using Snake River Audio Signature cabling and Power Cords, and Boomslang digital clock and word cables. With the mark up on cables, I was using WireWorld Platinum Eclipse, it is refreshing to find a cable source that isn't emptying the bank account to source this 4 box front end.

Mrry Christmas to everyone and Happy Listening