U-Discover Mag Lists The 50 Greatest Jazz Albums

U-Discover magazine just issued their list of the 50 greatest jazz albums of all time. Well, everbody's got an opinion, and I don't totally agree with their list..but at least they've got a list. I checked their list and I own 15 of the albums on the list.

How many albums on the list do you own?

What albums do you feel are glaring omissions from the list?
128x128mitch4t
You know, as this sort of inevitably incomplete list goes, this is probably the best one I have ever seen. Pretty comprehensive from a chronological standpoint except for the fact that (and also it's main glaring omission) there isn't a single recording done after 1977; as if jazz has stood still since 1977. Not!
Whoa Frogman! Great observation of the timeline! I'm 61 years old, and I'd hazard to guess that easily out of all the jazz recordings that I own, probably at least 90% of them were recorded before 1977. Until you just mentioned it, I never gave the chronology a thought.

Another bias I need to get over is that I don't own very many recordings by jazz artists that are younger than I am. I own a few, but since you've mentioned it, my omission of youngsters glaring.
Mitch4t, I'm quite a bit older than you and have the same problem.
I moved to the Twin Cities six months ago where there is a 24/7 Jazz station which I keep on my car radio.
I don't see how anyone could keep up with the flood of sensational young jazz players !
It is truly unreal how many great young musicians are on the jazz scene. Singers too, both young and not so young.
Breaks my heart to think Celine Dion probably sells 10K Cd's for every one Terney Sutton does.