Beautiful Classical Smaller Pieces, duo,trio,etc

Lets put together a list of beauty. Woodwinds, flute, harp, guitar, octets, quintets, quartets. They are unsung genius.
Intimate, thoughtful, considered.
ptss
Larryi, we are so lucky for Brilliant. They provided some wonderful values in big sets. I have a number and would buy more. I was astounded by their value to provide significant overviews of composers at truly nominal cost.
Isochronism, thank you. I feel many artists most intimate,personality revealing works are in these delights. Who'd have guessed about Beethoven quiet genius, humor and playfulness from his "grand" efforts.
Larryi, just read your 6-11 post. Not only do I agree about Schuberts D. 956; I feel just the opening bars are worth the price of admission. As I write I am listening to the effort by the State Borodin Quintet and am too entranced to write more. I am reaching for my brandy as we speak...Cheers to all who feel these enormous musical contributions- and a huge thanks to all who have posted ^<. Pete
Shostakovich string qt. #8--powerful stuff with some moments of beauty, albeit ominous
Well. IMO the daddy of them all from a modern composer, is String Qt. # 2, Intimate Letters" by the great Czech Leos Janacek .