The BEST system you've ever built !!!!

What is the best system that you have ever put together , from source to speakers including cables ??? After all the swaps and auditions I'm looking for the final "aahhh, that's the ticket" sound to you and what components took you to Audio Nirvana. {This is a survey of actual auditions, not what you read in a magazine} THANKS,
krellpower1
Tml2. My cable on dedicated runs is common Romex (brand name) sheath clad copper cable. All my runs are either 12 or 10 gauge. I've often wondered if I should have used something special for this. I don't think Purist makes in wall wiring, if they did, I would probably use it.
Like Albert, I am on the same journey and have not built the BEST system. In my life balance pursuits this system does give me special moments with recorded performances. No recorded performance compares to real life experience, period. Still, I am very pleased with what I am currently running in my Living Room. My music system must sound like music and while fitting into using the environment for life's purposes. The best thing is that I have is lots of vinyl that I have collected over thirty-five years, about six thousand records, and a very understanding life partner. Funny thing was that I always took care of them each from day one, my lady and the records. Lucky! I tend to refine the main system and evolve it slowly over time never being much the latest S.O.T.A. hype follower. Not surprisingly, I have a phono only front end consisting of Basis 2500/Graham 2.0 deluxe/ Koetsu Onyx platinum with a VPI AC generator and speed control. All wiring is Audio Note silver z customized with built in Bybee components for AC and Balance tone arm to phono interconnects. My pre-amp is the Aethetix I/o with volume control customized, like Albert's (and thank you-Albert for the suggestion), with 2 power supplies; NOS tubes through out and Bybee devices on internal inputs/outputs; and AC line connections. My Amplifiers are Audio Note Ankuro mono blocks, also highly customized, using 845s with WE 300B drivers with all NOS tubes through out and using Bybee components on internal inputs/outputs and AC line connections. The speakers are Wilson Audio Watt3/Puppy 2 with customized parts, Bybee components wired to each driver and wired through out with (guess) Audio Note silver. You can tell a friend of mine is connected. I won't bore you with all AC power distribution, the stands and vibration tweaking that I have done. Net results are a very musically satisfying system while still maintaining a home environment that we can live in and entertain a wide variety of friends and family. I have learned a lot from others over time and have enjoyed the exchange on site with all of you. Keep on sharing it's fun and remember to keep a sense of humor about this strange hobby.
Krell 650M monoblocks hooked to Genesis 200 speakers. Music and movies through a Sony 7700DVD(waiting on a universal transport) with digital out to the D/A in a Krell HTS preamp. All cables are WireWorld Gold Eclipse III. Best of music and video without much compromise!
Gerrym5, I wish we lived close enough to audition each others systems. I would love to hear yours, after knowing what is in it. Also would like to have a listen to a bunch of those LP's that I'm certain I don't have.
Altis Centauri Transport, DCS Purcell Upsampler, DCS Elgar Plus DAC, Clearaudio Reference Table, Graham Arm, Clearaudio Discovery Cartridge, VAC Reenaissance Signature Preamp, Wavac HE-833 Mono amps, JM Lab Utopia Speakers, Kharma silver/gold digital, speaker and interconnect cables. Zoethecus Racks, Walker Audio HDL's and Valid Points and Tuning Discs, with Omega Micro Powercords, Audio Prism Foundation III power conditioner for the front end.