Who R U?

A while back Garfish mentioned he lked the idea of getting to know some of us better.As no one has started a thread like this before I will take the plunge.I have been involved in and read many heated exchanges here in AudioGon.I hope no one attacks me for this thread saying "who cares about you,this is audio" Anyway,Im 45 and live in W.N.Y.I have never been married but have a music loving 11 year old daughter who lives with me.I have been a nurse for 20 years.Before that I was a Navy Corpsman for several years.I recently became engaged (first time) to a beautiful 30 year old music loving woman.At my age a 30 year old is a keeper and I have never been happier!! My other interests??Im into vinyl,who has time for anything else??
david99
I'm Jerry, 51, and have lived in AZ all my life except for four years in Puerto Rico, beautiful island and wonderful people. I am a buyer for R&D missile development for a huge company and have been there for 21 years. My family (married to my sweetheart for 20 years) and my religion are the most important things in my life and music is the funnest thing I do. I have my masters degree and speak Spanish. I got my first crack at music in about fifth grade with Herb Alpert and the Beatles records and have never looked back. I pursue the perfect sound as if there were no tomorrow but am very limited to my reasonable budget. I won’t let this get away from me.
and i thought it'd be appropriate to introduce myself.
been lurking around for a while and decided to jump in now.
my name is zach. i am a jazz guitarist/composer living in southern california.
i grew up listening to some great hi-fi gear, thanks to my dad who had been a high-end dealer for over 35 years.
i am married to a violinist and we listen mostly classical and jazz.
I used to press vinyl way back in 73-86 at Record Technology (RTI). We made all of the Sheffield Direct-to-Disc catalog. This was while I was still in High School. Lincoln Mayorga would drive up from LA to Camarillo with a freshly cut D-D lacquer, the Doug Sax stuff. I eventually became the Quality Manager, but left in the mid-eighties when CD's came to be. That was a BIG mistake because RTI is making more money than ever now thanks to the niche audiophile market. Oh well live and learn. You can check out RTI at www.recordtech.com. My weakness in this passion of audio is all things G.A.S., having gotten to know one of their principal designers back then. The Thaedra is still the sweetest preamp money can buy, if you can find one!
Hi all, Vernon Miller here. I'm 51 and live in beautiful New Hampshire. I'm a computer engineer by trade but my real love is messing around with analog. I don't get a chance to do much of it because my real job takes so much of my time, but some day...

Though I think analog media are great, I have been in the digital camp to at least some degree since the beginning (I owned a couple of the awful 1st-generation CD players) and have been patiently waiting for the technology to get good enough and affordable. I think that's happening now. So, I'm moving toward the media server/client model and am digitizing my analog media so that I can enjoy it anywhere with no fuss. (I'm using 96KHz 24-bit compressed with FLAC.) I have no intention of getting rid of my analog devices or media though, I just won't use them except to re-digitize as the technology gets even better.

I'm also glad about Class D amplification and the work that's going on there. I plan to integrate it into my system where practical.

I'm a huge fan of pipe organs and I have a large collection of organ vinyl and CDs. In other words, I'm a real party animal and the chicks dig me :-) Well, my wife likes me most of the time anyway!

VAM
I've been learning from some of you for the past 5 years so I'll playball as well. I'm a 32 year old physician, internal medicine by training in East Tennessee. Father is my senior partner. Big Vol fan, spent 1/3 of my life there with education. Married to the most wonderful woman in the world and expecting our first child, a daughter, any day now. I got the bug while in college after taking my fathers 25 year old marantz receiver and hooking up Bose towers. My "audio habit" was my counselor through medical school. I find audio lovers are extremely helpful/knowledgable folks and enjoy the forums greatly. Hope to inspire my daughter to love music!!